Klein Agency, LLC
January 29, 2016
Purpose of this Notice
Klein Agency, LLC (Klein) is strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information; protecting your privacy is very important to us. Our policies and procedures comply with all federal and state privacy laws and regulations, such as HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), Gramm-Leach-Bliley, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. We collect and use nonpublic personal information in order to provide our customers with a broad range of financial products and services as effectively and conveniently as possible. We treat nonpublic personal information in accordance with the Privacy Policies and practices of Klein.
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
Information we collect:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information from consumer reporting agencies
- Information about your transactions with us, the companies we represent, or our affiliates
- Information from other sources, such as employers or government agencies
- Information from visits to our website
The type of information we collect is related to the insurance you request from us and may include your name, address, social security number, driver’s license number, ownership of property, marital status, health information, and other information required to obtain insurance coverages for you.
- Information we may disclose to third parties:
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, about our customers or former customers, to insurance companies that perform marketing services on our behalf in the servicing of your account with Klein.
- Nonaffiliated third parties to whom disclosures may be made:
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties.
- Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect nonpublic personal information.
- Our policy regarding dispute resolution:
- Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, Klein and its affiliates reserve the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that
(1) Concentrates its business in a similar practice or service
(2) Agrees to be Klein’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected and
(3) Agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
Klein Agency, LLC
20 Wight Avenue, Suite 300
PO Box 219
Timonium, MD 21094